Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
You've just finished making love, and you're in that pleasant dream-like state when you go to the bathroom and discover that you are bleeding. Nothing can bring you back to reality faster than vaginal bleeding after sex. Post-coital bleeding can occur for a number of reasons, and is nothing to take lightly. Here's a look at the top 10 causes of vaginal bleeding after sex:
1. Cervical dysplasia:Cervical dysplasia is precancerous changes of the epithelial cells that line the cervix. Risk increases with multiple sexual partners, sex before age 18, childbirth before age 16, or a past history of STDs. Treatment is usually cryosurgery or conisation.
2. Chlamydia: A bacterial infection that is usually transmitted through sexual activity or contact with semen, vaginal fluid, or blood.
3. Gonorrhea: A usually sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria. Several pharmaceutical treatments are available.
4. Vaginitis or Cervicitis: Inflammation or swelling and infection of the vagina or cervix. Treatment depends on the cause.
5. Cervical polyps: Cervical polyps are smooth, red or purple, finger-like growths that grow out of the mucus layer of the cervix or the cervical canal. Cervical polyps are extremely fragile, extending out of the cervix, and easily and painlessly removed.
6. Trichomoniasis: A usually sexually transmitted disease caused by protozoan. Can also be passed to newborns during vaginal birth by infected mothers. Although rare, transmission is also possible in tap water, hot tubs, urine, on toilet seats, and in swimming pools. May cause vaginitis.
7. Vaginal yeast infection: An overgrowth of the normal fungi that inhabits the vaginal area. Common symptoms include itching, burning, and an odorless, white, cheese-like discharge.
8. Endometritis or adenomyosis: Endometritis is defined by Dorland's Medical Dictionary, 27th Edition as an inflammation of the endometrium (the innermost layer of the uterus). Both conditions are associated with endometriosis. Adenomysis is when endometrial tissue attaches itself to the uterus, or another organ such as the ovaries, and grows outside of the uterus.
9. Uterine polyps: Uterine polyps occur when the endometrium overgrows causing these protrusions into the uterus. It is extremely rare for these growths to grow in a way that is either benign or malignant. Women with uterine polyps frequently experience bleeding between periods (metrorrhagia), other symptoms includes vaginal bleeding after sex, spotting, menorrhagia, bleeding after menopause, and breakthrough bleeding during hormone therapy. Hysteroscopic-guided curettage is the preferred treatment, since the normal D&C is basically an unguided procedure that may miss many of the uterine polyps.
10. Fibroid tumors: Uterine fibroid tumors are usually benign tumors. They are solid masses made of fibrous tissue. Fibroid tumors are rarely malignant. Symptoms of fibroid tumors vary among women, with some women never experiencing any symptoms at all. Women who can wait until menopause will see their fibroids shrink and disappear once their bodies stop producing estrogen. It's important that women with fibroids make sure they never take estrogen, in any form including birth control pills, since estrogen increases fibroid growth. Several treatments are currently available for uterine fibroid tumors from myomectomy and uterine artery embolization to the traditional hysterectomy.
Diagnosing vaginal bleeding after sex is usually a matter of exclusion. Anytime you experience post-coital bleeding or vaginal bleeding after sex see your physician.
Article Source : Womenhealt.About.com
Friday, October 2, 2009
Compare to traditional chemical fiber surface or rough cotton surface, love moon sanitary napkin’s surface is made from cotton that are softer, thinner and more c omfy.
The base of love moon anion sanitary napkin is permeable to air but not to water, the hygienic level is greatly enhanced as a result, compare to the traditional air and water impermeable plastic base, “love moon” leaves no room for bacteria multiplication and gynecological diseases.
Water Absorbing Ability
The surface of anion sanitary napkin can absorb twice as much as the amount of fluid traditional sanitary napkin can. Sufficient crystal-like particles could hold the penetrated water in, instead of let them side leak or back flow.
Love Moon Anion Sanitary Napkin has an anion piece inside the cotton setting, which emits high density of anion when used. During the process of anion neutralization, the released oxygen could suppress the major source that causes gynecological diseases. The generation of anaerobe decreases the odds of gynecological diseases and the whole process is chemical free. An average female’s vaginal PH reading is 4.0 to 5.5. Vaginalitis test card enables user’s self detection. User’s vaginal discharge would be measured by the card and the color of the card indicates user’s vaginal state. By comparing the color to a given instruction, user could know whether she has vaginalitis and how serious. The whole process is within 5 minutes. Vaginalitis card is attached to the main set. It is a constant detector of the health state to women’s private sector which facilitates the diseases prevention, discovery and early treatment.
The packing of love moon anion sanitary napkin adopts the material of aluminum foil. It meets the food hygiene standard. The reusable, easy-pull seal is more likely to be dampproof, mildewproof and fungusproof than the other materials. Every piece of napkin is machine packed and sealed in the production line. The hand free process avoids the secondary pollution, guarantees safety and sanitation.
The traditional padding of sanitary napkin is made from paper pulp, which is the outcome of processing recycled substances. During the process, a huge amount of caustic soda, bleaching powder, deodorizer, fluorescer, chemical substances are introduced, which generate large quantity of lead, bacteria and germs. These chemical alkaline would damage skin’s acid and alkali balance, and further leads to the propagation of bacteria and infusorian. love moon anion sanitary napkin on the other hand, is made form water absorbing particles, fully wrapped by strictly sterilized, dust-free paper. It firmly meets the national hygiene standard.
Traditional sanitary napkin’s bases are mostly glued with industrial glue. The reliable glutinosity could not compensate the residual benzene left inside underwear. After the sanitary napkin taken off, this residue would get to user’s sensitive area, cause diseases and damage health consequently. The glue used on love moon anion sanitary napkin is non-toxic and edible glue.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Yeast infections can also be caused by a number of other factors. One of these includes low immune system. Compromised immune system provides a breeding ground for yeast fungus. This usually happens when a person fails to rest and sleep enough or the person is dealing with a lot of stressful situations.
Hormonal changes can also cause yeast infections and they occur mostly in pregnant women and during menstruation. Birth control pills have been identified as the major cause of recurrent yeast infections in women.
We cannot refer Candidiasis as a sexually transmitted disease. However, there are chances of a male contracting the disease from his bed partner if she is already a victim of the disease. Therefore it is important to have safe sexual intercourse with adequate lubrication.
Many people have seen that prolonged use of antibiotics causes yeast infections. Infections arising due to the use of antibiotics cannot be prevented but there are many ways in which you can cure the disease.
Another most common cause of yeast infection is diabetes. In diabetic people, the blood sugar level is always high and this kind of environment is preferred by the yeast fungus to thrive and multiply. The elevated sugar levels provide a favorable ground for Candida albicans to multiply extensively and cause infections.
Other common causes in women are; use of scented hygiene products, feminine spray and douching. Wearing tight clothes creates a moist and warm atmosphere for Candida to multiply and attack the host.
It is always better to prevent yeast infections rather than looking for cure when it has already infected you. To prevent it from happening, it is important to understand the cause of it and the things you should be doing to keep such nasty infections at bay.